Ok, so have you ever gone to the nail salon and
- Brought your own nail polish because they don’t have the color you’re currently obsessed with
- Used the bathroom and wondered why it’s so … questionable
- Had nowhere to hang your coat
- Turned around and left cuz it’s closed at 8pm, but you just got out of work!
- Wondered if those UV drying lamps were the reason your hands look older than the rest of your body
- Had to go to an ATM because you didn’t have cash to tip
- “Caught up” on the July 2008 issue of InStyle … um
- Tried to hide in the back so your husband wouldn’t see you getting a manicure and massage when you said you were running errands and then he walked by and DID see you getting the massage and gave you grief for a month? No? Just me?
Well Nadine Ferber and Adair Ilyinsky have solved all these issues for you, and more, with 10 Over 10 - maybe the greatest nail joint ever.
Like so many great business ideas, this Tribeca NYC nail salon was born out of these gals own frustrations with the mani/pedi “experience” (or lack thereof) here in New York. Their salon is full of now was that really so hard?? touch points like … polishes from Chanel, NARS and your other fancy friends, healthy 5-Free choices, iPads at every seat (!), nice chairs, online booking, credit card only payments, clean bathroom, super nice staff, British Vogue, open till 10pm, windows that look out to the sky (it’s on the 2nd floor - it’s amazing what a difference that makes in terms of peace and quiet) … etc.
Nadine and Adair love guiding their customers to fresh new colors (“Our favorite thing is converting a one-coat-of-Ballet-Slippers person to something new”) including their own new cult colors, and unique shades from brands like RGB - so you’re never left standing there stymied by your own indecision.
I’ve been to the salon twice - once for an Essie event, with Essie herself, greatest day of my life-ish - and for a mani/pedi for Polyvore Live, with Ten’s own Reade and Commerce shades.
It is without question my favorite spot for nails (they also do waxing and brows). Whether you’re a resident or just visiting the city and looking to treat yo’self, I highly recommend booking in - it’s more like a spa experience and worth every penny.
What: 10 Over 10
Where: 112 Reade St., Tribeca, NYC (also opening under the Parker Meridien in Midtown in the Spring, right next to Dry Bar!)
How Much: Manicures from $15, pedicures from $35
Thanks to 10 over 10 and Polyvore Live for the experience
Sign a girl up. Can they open up a location in SoHo next? In the meantime, Tumblr meet up?